Saturday, June 1, 2013

Hidden Banana Oatmeal Recipes

I may be an organic-loving food elitist that sticks her nose up at fast food joints, but the truth is, I can be super cheap. When I do my grocery shopping, I stock up on bananas, apples, and oranges. This girl can't afford mangoes and grapefruit on a regular basis!

The bad part about always having bananas on hand is that sometimes I just really don't want bananas in my oatmeal that day! Luckily, I've found ways of masking the banana flavor while still enjoying its creamy and nutritious properties. Here are my favorite recipes that utilize banana without actually letting you taste it. (I tried to narrow it down to five, but I just couldn't knock it down from six!) The great news is that many of these also happen to be some of my favorites!


At one time, this recipe was one of the top three recipes on the blog. I wish it
were still that popular! People are clearly forgetting how wonderful this one is. It
tastes straight-up like a Girl Scout cookie. If you haven't tried this yet,
you are missing out!



I know, this is a strange one. But it works, I promise. I wouldn't post the recipe
if it didn't work! A touch of mint and a splash of lime help conceal the banana, which
helps give this oatmeal its creaminess and sweet flavor.



This one's for all the coffee lovers out there...myself included! If you're a fan of
espresso, you could also try looking at the "Coffee" tag in the "What are you looking for?"
section on the right-hand column. Almost all of those recipes use the hidden banana trick!



I have a whole host of lemon-themed recipes that feature a hidden banana
to sweeten and make creamy. This is just one! There's also Lemon Coconut,
Overnight Lemon Drop, and Lemon Poppy Seed (link below below). These four
recipes together make up a collection of recipes that I'm crazy about during these
warmer spring and summer months. They are unbelievably refreshing!



No round-up of recipes is complete without Almond Joy Oatmeal, it seems. It
fits nearly every category! It's one of my favorites, but it's one of yours, too! It has
been featured in the "Popular Porridges" list since its premiere! The best part about this
decadent oatmeal is that it's freakishly healthy:  no added sugar or "bad" ingredients!
This is "clean eating" at its finest.



Like I said above, the lemon-themed recipes rock my world. Thanks to a hidden
banana, this recipe takes a traditionally sugar-infested muffin or quick bread and transforms
it into a surprisingly healthy breakfast! And if you're a fan
 of the oatmeal, you can also try them in pancake form.

Looking for more? I have dozens. I just added the "hidden banana" tag, so whenever you're looking to get rid of a banana, you can just click the "hidden banana" tag under the "What are you looking for?" section on the right-hand column!
**You can also find hundreds of other oatmeal recipes (as well as tons of other meatless recipes) on my Pinterest account!  Thanks!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...