Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Gingerbread Oatmeal

As an about-to-graduate-from-college teacher candidate, I've been told trillions of times, "Don't reinvent the wheel." In other words, don't bother recreating something if someone else has already created it. Don't waste your time. Borrow. Make something your own, but don't spend hours duplicating materials that are already available to you.


Which is why I'm sharing this recipe for Gingerbread Oatmeal with you. I tinkered with my own recipe for a while, adjusting the spices and such. I tried with banana, and I tried without. I tried with more molasses, and I tried with less. I tried with mild, and I tried with blackstrap.

Alas, I gave up and did some Googling. I knew I had seen Gingerbread Oatmeal recipes before, so maybe comparing my recipe with someone else's would help me figure out what was wrong.



Instead, I found a recipe on one of my favorite blogs that was extremely similar to my own, with minor adjustments. As I compared the two recipes, I realized, "Why post my own recipe? Don't reinvent the wheel."

So instead, I'll send you over to Vegan Yack Attack for the recipe! Enjoy! :)


    **You can also find hundreds of other oatmeal recipes (as well as tons of other meatless recipes) on my Pinterest account!  You can also like The Oatmeal Artist on Facebook. Thanks!

    4 comments:

    1. Thank you for the shout out! I'm glad that you enjoyed it. :D

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hey Lauren, any idea how well this would work as a baked oatmeal? How would I modify it?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. That would be splendid, I think. Use a 1:1 ratio of liquid to oats, add 1/4 tsp baking powder, and bake for about 18-20 minutes!

        Delete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...