Sunday, May 27, 2012

Zucchini-Nut Bread Oatmeal

I do actually make up the majority of my recipes. I slide out of bed, zombie-walk to the kitchen, and experiment. Trust me: when you make something every day, it's hard not to become somewhat of a master at it.


But sometimes I just like to try other bloggers' ideas. Why not, right? Like I said about my Gingerbread Oatmeal: there's no point in reinventing the wheel!



This is never something I would create on my own, anyway. Why? Well, probably because I've never even had zucchini bread--ha! Am I missing out? I don't know...but this oatmeal was so delicious that I don't see the point in eating the actual bread. :)


To those of you who may cringe at the idea of zucchini, I'll second what the original blogger (link below) said: you don't taste it. To be honest, I loved this recipe so much because it reminded me of a peanut butter oatmeal, but it was bulked up physically and nutritionally. I reminded me of how I often use banana just to bulk up my porridge, except zucchini is much better at playing a supporting role than banana is. Banana lets your taste buds KNOW it's there; zucchini doesn't.


I stuck to the original recipe (by Diet, Dessert and Dogs) quite faithfully, but I adapted it to work with rolled oats (instead of steel-cut). One day I will convert to a steel-cut fan...but not today. Basically, it's the same recipe except I started with 1 cup liquid and 1/2 cup oats, and I added the zucchini immediately after adding the oats. Since I really didn't change the recipe (like, at all), I'll just send you on over to her blog to check it out!


**You can also find hundreds of other oatmeal recipes (as well as tons of other meatless recipes) on my Pinterest account!  You can also like The Oatmeal Artist on Facebook. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked the zucchini in the oatmeal! I agree--it's really there in a supporting role. I haven't made this in a while, so thanks for the reminder. :D

    And your photos are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting (and, of course, for the great recipe)! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...