Thursday, August 23, 2012

Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal

I never saw it coming, but...


I'm starting to like baked oatmeal. I stopped incessantly craving stove-top oats and started truly appreciating the baked version. I suppose that's a good thing since that's what I'm stuck with right now.


Some might think it's a drawback to have the same oatmeal every morning for a week, but I don't see it as a problem. Generally, it's delicious enough that I enjoy the encore breakfasts. :) To be honest, I frequently repeated oatmeals even when I was making them on the stove each morning. If it really rocks, I want to experience it again! :)


Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal

by The Oatmeal Artist
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 1/2 cup milk of choice
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
  • 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 small apple (or half a larger one)
Instructions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray a single-serving ramekin with non-stick spray.
  2. In a small bowl, mix milk and vanilla extract. Add oats, pie spice, baking powder, and salt. Stir.
  3. Dice apple into the oats and fold them in.
  4. If you'd like to add any extra ingredients (coconut oil, dried fruit, nuts, sunflower seeds), do so now. I recommend raisins, almonds, or walnuts.
  5. Pour into the prepared ramekin and bake for 18-22 minutes.
Powered by Recipage

For a big batch! (serves 4)

Ingredients 
  • 1 cup milk of choice
  • 1 cup water (or more milk)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
  • 2 tsp apple pie spice
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 3 small apples (or 2 larger ones)
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray an 8x8 brownie pan with non-stick spray. 
  2. In a large bowl, mix milk and vanilla extract. Add oats, pie spice, baking powder, and salt. Stir.
  3. Dice apple into the oats and fold them in.
  4. If you'd like to add any extra ingredients (coconut oil, dried fruit, nuts, sunflower seeds), do so now. I recommend raisins, almonds, or walnuts.
  5. Pour into brownie pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
**You can also find hundreds of other oatmeal recipes (as well as tons of other meatless recipes) on my Pinterest account!  You can also like The Oatmeal Artist on Facebook. Thanks!

22 comments:

  1. I, too, am on the baked oatmeal train. Love your blog by the way! Some of my recipes are inspired by you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can be used if one doesn't have apple pie spice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. About 1/4 tsp cinnamon (maybe a little rounded), 1/8 tsp nutmeg, and a pinch of allspice. Just cinnamon and nutmeg would do the trick, too!

      Delete
  3. We love baked oatmeal - and even have been known to eat it for dessert later in the week...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I use regular milk if I don't have almond milk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! You can swap it with any liquid you want, from water to half and half! ;)

      Delete
  5. Super duper excited to give this a try! I swear, I can always rely on you for the yummiest oatmeal recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this last night using the "for many" option. It's so good! Love the taste of baked apples! Thanks for another great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you bake this the night before you eat it and if so how many days will it last? Also how should you store it covered on the counter or in the fridge? Thanks looks yummy;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put it in the fridge in tupperware with a lid. :)

      Delete
    2. I have a little one so like to make things in batches, how long does it stay good in the fridge, if not this recipe,which recipes could I make in advance and last a few days? Cheers

      Delete
  8. sounds like a yummy cold day treat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried this yesterday and it was awesome! I have some more baking in the oven right now. I'm trying your peanut butter cookie later this week. I love baked oatmeal, and it's so hard to find individual serving recipes. Awesome site!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used pumpkin pie spice because it's all I had. It's in the oven, and it smells delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just made this(big batch) using my Foreman Evolve grill - it has the perfect size baking pan and I love not having to turn on the oven. It turned out perfect! I am already a fan of overnight oats and will now start making my way down the list of baked oatmeal recipes. Love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  12. greetings all. to the author or creator of an existing conten here I thank you and is always in to success. . by toko alat bantu sex, obat kuat pria, alat bantu sex wanita, alat bantu sex pria

    ReplyDelete
  13. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you actually burn fat by eating Coconut Fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm very happy to share this little awesome testimony about Dr AZIBA a great Herbal Doctor who help me Enlarge my penis size.3.2 cm to 8.3 cm longer with his herbal cream mixture, my wife is now so amazed with the autonomous size of my penis , if you are in need of the Enlargement product help to Enlarge your penis to become bigger and stronger and also to help in LOW SPERM COUNT I advice you to contact Dr Aziba on his email ( PRIESTAZIBASOLUTIONCENTER@GMAIL COM ) or contact Him on Whatsapp/Chat with Number +2348100368288. His one of the best Herbal Doctors in AFRICA if your penis is 4.2 cm and want to get it reach 9.2 cm within three weeks Dr AZIBA is also specialized there and on LOW SPERM COUNT i advise you to contact him for help DR AZIBA whatsapp number +2348100368288....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...