Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Peanut Butter and Grape Baked Oatmeal

Yeah, I finally made another baked oatmeal recipe. What can I say? The stove has my heart!


However, grapes in oatmeal fascinate me, and I've also been interested in what happens to grapes when they're baked. If you couldn't guess, this oatmeal is inspired by PB&J; the grapes take the place of grape jelly. (I grew up eating grape jelly, and it wasn't until last year that I finally accepted strawberry as another option. Still, grape is the best.)


I enjoyed this recipe quite a bit. First of all, it's the first time I've had baked oatmeal in several months. Also, it's the first time I've had peanut butter....in two weeks. ;) Yes, I'm trying my hardest to pull back on the peanut butter again. It's....just....so....delicious. My goal is to let this jar last me at LEAST three weeks. I'll let you know how that turns out. But....look how seductive it is!


Peanut Butter & Grape Baked Oatmeal

by The Oatmeal Artist
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Keywords: bake
Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/3 cup milk of choice
  • 2 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 10 or so grapes (I used red seedless)
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray a single-serving ramekin with non-stick spray.
  2. In a large bowl, add milk, peanut butter, and vanilla extract. If you want, you could also add sweetener now (I didn't).
  3. In another bowl, combine dry ingredients: oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Once mixed, add to wet ingredients and stir until combined.
  4. Cut grapes in half and stir into oatmeal. I saved some for topping.
  5. Transfer to the ramekin and bake for 18-22 minutes.
Powered by Recipage


**You can also find hundreds of other oatmeal recipes (as well as tons of other meatless recipes) on my Pinterest account!  You can also like The Oatmeal Artist on Facebook. Thanks!

7 comments:

  1. Yum, I'll definitely be giving this one a go! Grape jelly, well, doesn't exist in Australia so I got a bit of a surprise when I saw it in the US shops while travelling last year. I didn't try it but it does sound good.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great. I've only tried pumpkin baked oatmeal (I'm a sucker for the stove too) but this is on my list for this weekend!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.breakfastaddiction.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What size ramekin do you use? I'm trying to find a cheap one but I don't know which size to get, do you use the same size for all of your single serving baked oatmeal's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People ask me this all the time and I honestly don't know. I THINK it's 6 oz, but I can't make any promises.

      Delete
  5. I love Trader Joe's Crunchy Peanut Butter. It's the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this for dinner tonight and featured it on my WIAW post: http://www.confessionsofcrystal.com/index.html. All of your recipes have turned out to be favorites! Thanks Lauren!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...