Saturday, November 23, 2013

Coconut Mocha Muesli

I've been wanting to make this for so long, but I was hesitant to give myself access to the chocolate-covered espresso beans. Self-control is not my strength. I have excellent self-control about items that I know I can't have (all mainstream junk food, i.e. Doritos) and non-herbie items (a buttery cinnamon roll), but when it comes to "okay" foods (peanut butter, dark chocolate), I have a hard time putting on the brakes!


Alas, I threw those espresso beans in my cart and prepared to make this muesli. I struggled to keep them around long enough and reserve them for this muesli! I think I gained ten pounds from the entire container.


This recipe can be made with three items: oats, espresso beans, and shredded coconut. However, feel free to add extra ingredients like sunflower seeds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, or whatever pleases you. I added walnuts.

Coconut Mocha Muesli

by The Oatmeal Artist
Prep Time: 2 min
Cook Time: 0 min
Keywords: muesli
Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
  • handful of dark chocolate-covered espresso beans
  • 1/8 cup shredded coconut
Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients.
  2. Serve with milk of choice or yogurt.
Powered by Recipage


**You can also find hundreds of other oatmeal recipes (as well as tons of other meatless recipes) on my Pinterest account!  You can also like The Oatmeal Artist on Facebook. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there :)
    I was just wondering, could you make this as a porridge recipe as well? :)

    -LAura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, why not! Just make my "Choconut Oatmeal" and add the choc-covered espresso beans at the end instead of (or in addition to) chocolate chips.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...