Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mango Raspberry Oatmeal

Dude. Teaching is hard.


I'm sure all jobs are difficult. That's why they're called jobs, and they're for adults, and we spend our first twenty years of life preparing for them. But the learning curve for teaching is just intense. You'd think after observing teachers for my entire life up to this point, I'd be a master at it, but it seems the opposite is true. After being a student my whole life, teaching just seems foreign and terrifying.

But I'm taking it one day at a time. Yesterday morning, I was stressing out about...everything, and I came upon this tweet:


I've always loved that quotation, but I needed it yesterday more than ever. I've never experienced so much fear and anxiety before, but I know I just have to power through it, and it will eventually get better. Everything will become more natural to me, high schoolers will be less intimidating, and differentiating instruction will be a breeze. But right now...it's all terrifying.


Anyway, my added stress has caused a short halt in my recipes (not to mention the fact that I had zucchini and grapefruit to use up, so I wasn't making new recipes!), but I really wanted to share something with you before May ends. :)

This recipe is super simple, and uses only 4 ingredients (5, if you count the salt, which is technically not even necessary; I forget to add it most mornings!). You could also add peaches or apricots, or make it tropical with kiwi, pineapple, and/or shredded coconut!

Mango Raspberry Oatmeal

by The Oatmeal Artist
Prep Time: 2 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 1 cup milk of choice, or water
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
  • 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
  • 1/2 a mango, diced
  • pinch of salt
Instructions
  1. Bring milk to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to medium.
  2. Add frozen raspberries and stir.
  3. Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add diced mango and a pinch of salt. Stir gently.
  4. When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Serve with another splash of your milk of choice and any other additional toppings (shredded coconut, nuts, etc.).
Powered by Recipage


**You can also find hundreds of other oatmeal recipes (as well as tons of other meatless recipes) on my Pinterest account!  You can also like The Oatmeal Artist on Facebook. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Well this looks really delectable and thank you for posting the recipe with it also. I will try to try this out soon and hopefully have a wonderful experience with the results.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...