Thursday, November 15, 2012

Overnight Choco-Raspberry Oatmeal

It's amazing (or perhaps just frustrating) how being away for a weekend can throw off my blog schedule so much. It's been six days since my last post! You'd think after a break like this, I'd have some elaborate concoction to share, but alas, this one is pretty simple (but nevertheless delicious!).


My roommies and I went to Boston over the weekend. Considering it's one of the top three U.S. cities I've ever wanted to visit (along with San Francisco and New Orleans!), I was so grateful to have that opportunity. I love my life right now!

Normally, I create all my oatmeal recipes over the weekend and share them throughout the following week. Since I wasn't able to do that last weekend, I didn't have any posts to share this week! :( Finally, however, I got THIS recipe put together. I apologize for the mediocre photos; it's the best I could do at 5:30 am!


(I don't think I properly "sold" this recipe to you. Despite all my apologies and ramblings, I promise this oatmeal was delicious!!)

Choco-Raspberry Overnight Oatmeal

by The Oatmeal Artist
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: Overnight
Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
  • 1/2 cup milk of choice
  • 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp chia seeds
  • pinch of salt
  • handful of semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a mason jar.
  2. If you'd like to add any extra ingredients (coconut oil, dried fruit, nuts, sunflower seeds), do so now.
  3. Cover, and shake vigorously!
  4. Store in the fridge for several hours or overnight. Either eat cold or warm up in the morning! If you plan on warming it up, I suggest NOT adding the chocolate chips until the morning, AFTER you microwave it.
Powered by Recipage
**You can also find hundreds of other oatmeal recipes (as well as tons of other meatless recipes) on my Pinterest account!  You can also like The Oatmeal Artist on Facebook. Thanks!

7 comments:

  1. I just moved to Boston this year and I love it! Check out my recipe for Pumpkin Steel cut oats in the slow cooker :) http://kellyshealthykitchen.wordpress.com/2012/11/08/slow-cooker-pumpkin-steel-cut-oatmeal/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very jealous; Boston is so fantastic! Slow-cooker oatmeal has never been my friend. I should really give it another shot soon! I may just try out your recipe next week. ;)

      Delete
  2. Yum this looks fantastic! I think I might try this tomorrow, but sub in some pomegranate seeds since that's what I have on hand! Love all these recipe ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. does it need to be frozen raspberries? or can it be fresh ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could probably use fresh ones. I listed frozen because I've personally not tried it with fresh, and I didn't want to falsely advertise something and have it not work for someone. Try it out!

      Delete
  4. Just put this together for the morning and I can't wait. I subbed in frozen blackberries and added 1/2 a mashed banana for sweetness. Also threw in a pinch of cinnamon, an extra tsp of chia, a tsp of finely chopped pecans and a tsp each of raw pumpkin and sunflower seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually kill fat by eating coconut fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...