Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pumpkin Nut Butter Oatmeal

It's so appalling to consider how I used to hate pumpkin. Why were my taste buds so worthless for twenty years?! Recently, I've been a fiend for anything and everything pumpkin.


I'm also a fiend of anything nut or nut butter related. I recently saw a pin for a recipe for pumpkin oatmeal topped with almond butter, and I quickly logged the idea on The List. (Unfortunately, I cannot find this recipe for the life of me. If you know what I'm talking about, please comment below so I can give inspiration credit to the original poster!)

As I was waiting for the oats to cook, I realized I've been skimpy on toppings lately. When I first moved here, I didn't have many topping options. However, now that I've been here for a while, I have a nice collection worked up. Thus, after transferring this porridge into the bowl, I tossed some nuts and raisins on top. Ah, what a difference it makes!

Pumpkin Nut Butter Oatmeal

by The Oatmeal Artist
Prep Time: 2 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 1 cup milk of choice, or water
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
  • 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp maple syrup (or more)
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tbsp nut butter (or more)
Instructions
  1. Bring milk (I use an equal mixture of almond milk and water) to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to medium. (If you'd like to add flax or chia seeds, do so now.)
  2. Let cook for a couple minutes, and then add pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spices, and salt. Stir.
  3. If you'd like to add any extra ingredients (coconut oil, dried fruit, nuts, sunflower seeds), do so now.
  4. When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Top with a glob of nut butter. Serve with another splash of your milk of choice and any other additional toppings (shredded coconut, nuts, etc.).
Powered by Recipage


**You can also find hundreds of other oatmeal recipes (as well as tons of other meatless recipes) on my Pinterest account!  You can also like The Oatmeal Artist on Facebook. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I love your site! I eat oatmeal for breakfast every morning and many mornings it is one of your recipes! This one had to be one of my favorites! I used almond butter and topped it with raisins, dried coconut and a stevia packet. It was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually get rid of fat by eating Coconut Fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...